How Do I Select a Tent and Party Rental Company?
Thank you for visiting the “How to Choose a Tent and Party Rental Company” page. Selecting a rental company for your event is an important decision that can either make your event a success or turn it into a disaster.
Many people ask, “How do I select a Tent and Party Rental company?” “Aren’t they all the same?” The fact is, each of them are unique and like in any profession, there are companies who are great, some who are good, and then some who are just mediocre.
Here are some steps you should take before you hire a rental company for a most memorable and stress free event.
1. Know your budget — Setting up a budget and knowing what you can spend will help you in the planning stages of your event.
2. List your objectives: Write down what you are looking for and expecting from your vendor. This is like your event plan. Make it as detailed as possible and list the different items and equipment you will need. Write down the colors and sizes, if possible, and any special requests you may have. You will also need to know the approximate number of guests you will be expecting at your event.
3. Ask questions: When talking to vendors, ask specific questions and listen carefully to their answers. In addition to your own personal planning questions, here are a few other questions I suggest you ask.
1. Do you have a portfolio and testimonials from clients you have worked for in the past? This is vitally important. You want to see what other clients have to say about this vendor and his service.
2. Will you give me your personal one-on-one attention and service? The company you hire should make sure they have detailed information regarding your wishes and work closely with you through all stages of your event in order to deliver you a stress-free, well-organized event.
3. Will you pay close attention to detail and take care of any and all concerns I may have? Your vendor should find out exactly what it is you want and need and know what outcomes you want to achieve. They should consult with you on any changes or modifications you may have and work hard towards reaching your goal. They should provide you with on-going communication throughout all stages of your event.
4. Will you and your staff arrive on time and in uniform? Employees of the rental company should be well trained, uniformed, respectful and courteous at all times. They should perform in a courteous, professional, and timely manner and provide you with first-rate service.
5. Will your equipment arrive clean and in good physical and working condition? Equipment you order should be the finest in quality and professionally cared for. Your items should always arrive clean and on time. Equipment should be clean and neat in appearance and work properly.
6. Are you a member of any professional grade groups? Members of professional trade groups usually have a code of ethics they have to do business by. This is a way to let you know you are working with a company built on quality, integrity, and professionalism.
A big mistake many people make when hiring a party rental company is basing their decision totally on price. Of course, price is a factor, however many people place too much emphasis on price and not enough emphasis on the overall impact that the rental company will have on your event. Is the highest priced rental company always the best? Maybe not, but the least expensive company is rarely the way to go either. You need to base your decision on the company who will best fulfill your needs with top quality products and service and will help you to achieve your desired outcomes.
Once you are satisfied that you are working with an honest, competent, professional, invite them to give you a written quote for the items and services you desire. A written quote gives you the assurance that you know what your job will cost. This will help you stay within your budget.
By following these steps you will be able to select a rental company who is perfect for your event.
If you would like to receive a NO OBLIGATION, NO COST event consultation or learn more about our services, please call us at 912- 243-9400 and one of our special event professionals will be more than happy to assist you.